Friday, June 22, 2012

Brush-mates

Been interested in poses lately. Almost (almost) happy with the poses below; about half are from memory with no reference. Reading up on on the Michaels (Hampton - Figure Drawing and Mattesi - FORCE). It recently occurred to me that the essence of my line quality is lost when translated into digital sketches. Then I found this amazing photoshop brush...it was love at first sight...For the first time drawing these gestures felt natural because not only was the pen pressure accurate but it adhered to my style. And we lived happily ever after with a wallet full of grandchildren candids.


3 comments:

  1. These are so nice! I love the girl with the puffy pants. It has a really neat flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice gestures! I have trouble doing these in photoshop too. Not sure if you tried sketchbook pro, but that has a default brush that feels totally natural for this kind of stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete